For teachers who want to develop their knowledge of the Holocaust and memorial sites further, The Holocaust Centre will be running a 5-day visit to Poland during May half term 2009.
Holocaust survivor, Kitty Hart-Moxon, will be accompanying us on this trip. Her testimony can be found here.
For further information, please contact Karen Van Coevorden or telephone 01623 836 627.
Discover Rwanda 2009 Professionals Seminar, 4th – 12th July 2009
This one week field trip seminar in Rwanda is organised for professionals who want to gain a deeper understanding about the Rwandan genocide and issues relating to genocide, be equipped with the tools and knowledge necessary for delivering effective, relevant education about it and support the work Aegis is doing against genocide.
- Testimony: Share with and hear the testimony of Rwandan genocide survivors who continue to struggle on, 15 years after the genocide.
- Education: Work with Aegis Trusts’ Education Team at Kigali Memorial Centre
o Meet and engage with teachers, educators and students at different institutions in Rwanda
- Workshops: Attend specially organised seminars and workshops related to genocide education, justice, reconciliation and the future for Rwanda and advocacy work.
- Memorials and Commemoration: Visit genocide sites and memorials – hear the testimony of survivors and commemorate.
- Build links & the future: Build links between your institution and those in Rwanda as well as a long term relationship with Aegis.
- Explore: Visit different parts of Rwanda and see the beauty of the country
Whatever sector of society you work in, we are confident that you will find this seminar an informative, eye opening and life changing experience after which we are sure you will feel equipped and able to be able to deliver an effective, relevant programme on education about genocide, based on a depth of understanding which can only be gained through visiting a country which has experienced genocide and spending time with those affected.
Pre-trip seminar, flights (from the UK), accommodation in Rwanda, transport in Rwanda, food and all scheduled activities are included in the price. If you are flying from another country you are welcome to organise your own flights, in which case we will give a discount from the advertised seminar price – please contact me for further details.
If you have any questions about the programme or the seminar more generally, please do ask.
International Coordinator, Aegis Students
Coordinator, Discover Rwanda 2009
(+44) 7834 750 829
Of the Berlin street: “At this point, I felt things really clicked into place and the children began to understand day-to-day life for Jews.” The carriage was engaging and poignant; children really got to see what happened in reality, but in a sensitive way.” “The home was atmospheric and children got a real feel for life in Germany in the 1930s.”